Friday, December 18, 2009

12/12/09

Changing the wound vac again today. The doctor tells me it's no big deal to change it, it only takes about an hour to do, and it's really very simple. I hear what he's saying, and I'm thankful he feels so comfortable about the whole thing, but in my mind it's such a huge deal. I mean, it's Jim's intestines they're dealing with!
I feel very calm and at peace about the whole thing though. I'm very aware that without this procedure Jim would not still be here, so I am very grateful for it.
Tomorrow is surgery for Jim's legs.
It's a miracle that Jim is still here with me and our family. It's not his time to go, and I have faith that he will recover. But that doesn't mean that it's not going to be the hardest thing he's ever done. I'm fully aware of the fact that during this time while Jim is unconcious is the hardest time for me and all the people who love him. But when he wakes up, that will be the hardest time for him. He's gonna be in a lot of pain, and it's going to be very hard for him. That will be when he needs his family and friends most. So I guess what I'm saying is, keep praying for him even after he wakes up, because he'll need all the blessings he can get. He's not going to just wake up and hop out of bed one day. He's facing months of rehabilitation.
Our son was worried about what Daddy's face looked like. He thought maybe Daddy wouldn't look the same, so I told him that Jim was still as handsome as ever, and would only have a couple of manly scars on his chin. Kind of like Harrison Ford. (Our son loves the Indiana Jones movies).
- Jim is swelling more but they feel that he is finally stable enough to give him medication to help get rid of all the excess fluid.
Today the doctor came to talk to me and tell me that he's concerned about the swelling that is still occuring in Jim's abdomen. He's hoping the medications to get rid of the fluid will work, but if they don't there's not much they can do. This is not something I want to hear. It makes me scared and I feel like my heart has stopped. So I called my brother-n-law and they are going to come and give Jim another blessing. You can never have too many blessings.
The blessing for Jim made me feel better. Jim is fighting right now and trying so hard. He is doing remarkably well considering the amount of damage that was done to him. The kids and I have put up pictures in his room that say "My Hero" and I told the kids that Daddy is like a super hero, he's fighting so so hard and working so hard to get better.

Please excuse any grammar and spelling errors. It's my pet peeve when things are not properly edited, but I really don't have time right now to care about such things so I'm just posting things without editing.

1 comment:

  1. Harrison Ford! I LOVE IT! I love Indiana too ;o). Marilee you are amazing! I am so happy you have Heavenly Father comforting you at this time! And you know what? I didn't notice any grammer errors! Guess you don't need an editor ;o). I will keep praying and that is a good suggestion about when he wakes up! Have you had a blessing?

    ReplyDelete